The word of God is mentioned 138 times in the 119th Psalm. Here are twenty of these:
What is a child of God to do?
- We are to walk in God’s law (119:1)
- We are to keep His precepts (119:4, 9)
- We are to hide it in our hearts (119:11)
- We are to meditate upon it (119:15)
- We are not to forget it (119:6)
What will God do for us?
- He strengthens us by His Word (119:28)
- He saves by His Word (119:41)
- He comforts by His Word (119:50, 76)
- He revives us by His Word (119:25)
- He guides us by His Word (119: 105)
What is His Word like?
- It is faithful (119:86)
- It is settled (119:89)
- It is sweet (119:103)
- It is a lamp (119:105)
- It is a light (119:105)
Why is God’s Word enjoyable?
- The Word of God is right (119:128)
- The Word of God is precious (119:127)
- The Word of God is wonderful (119:129)
- The Word of God is pure and true (119:140, 160)
- The Word of God is delightful (119:174)
These are just a few of the many references found in this great Psalm. Next time you read Psalm 119, see how many others you can locate, and write down what the Word of God means to you.